Google Assignments: Error with scoreMaximum

Jump to solution
MrReed
Community Participant

My teachers are not able to create Google Assignments today.

We are able to select "Google LTI" as submission type, access the Google Drive, and select a file.  However, when we press the button to return to Canvas, we receive this error:

"One or more content items sent by this external app failed to process correctly.  These have not been saved by Canvas, and the reasons for failure are listed below.

lineItem.scoreMaximum is a required field"

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
MrReed
Community Participant

Good News:  I am able to create a Google Assignment this morning without receiving the error message.

Has anyone heard an official announcement that the issue is fixed? 
I haven't heard any official word from Canvas support since they closed my ticket two days ago, saying that this was not a Canvas issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

This issue has been resolved, and teachers should be able to create assignments using Google Assignments successfully now.  

I apologize to those of you that felt discouraged when told by Canvas Support that this was "not a Canvas issue".  I know this is a frustrating response, especially when it appears to be a Canvas issue since Google Assignments was working correctly outside of Canvas.  I want to offer a little explanation about what the issue was: the Google Assignments LTI changed the way it sent the assignment information to Canvas when the Assignment was being created.  Google Assignments never notified or warned Canvas about this upcoming change, so Canvas wasn't even aware of it until users started to report the errors.  Canvas has since changed how it handles this LTI's configuration to allow Google Assignments to work properly with Canvas again.

View solution in original post