Grade Book Columns

Jump to solution
gopala_ganesh
Community Member

Hi, My Grade Book quiz columns are randomly turning off, i.e. display that dreaded crossed eye icon. This is a problem because I allow my students two attempts for quizzes which remain open for a week, and allow them to review the first attempt before the second. If the column gets turned off, they cannot access the first quiz attempt or the review.

I have been managing by clicking Post Grades but that results in a message to my 187 students. This issue needs to be clarified or fixed. Best, - gg

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @gopala_ganesh,

Is the Grade Posting Policy for your quiz assignment set to automatic or manual?  It sounds like it's set to manual, which means you'd need to post the grades yourself every time a student takes the quiz.  You likely want it to be automatic for this quiz assignment so that auto-grades question results are available immediately to the students.

The slashed eyeball is just an indication to you that some students have unposted scores for that assignment, but it doesn't mean it's every score, nor does it mean things are turning off.  Just saying this for others that may come across this post in the future so they know the terminology.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post