Grade for 2nd 9 weeks not displaying properly

Jump to solution
EMILYKLEIN
Community Explorer

I pushed 6 assignments into the 2nd 9 weeks for my late enrollee students. However, OTHER students are seeing the grades for those assignments in the 2nd 9 weeks when they shouldn't. I definitely did it right and the grades for the 1st and 2nd 9 weeks are populating correctly for everyone in my class. The teacher Gradebook looks correct on my end, but the student view is showing those assignments when they shouldn't. Hoping to clear this up for my students.

Our school tech team was unable to help me with this issue. They checked into and said that the grades are populating correctly, but it is a bug that the other students are seeing these assignments on their 2nd 9 week grade list.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

I am assuming that by "pushed the six assignments" you mean that you changed the due date from the first quarter into the second quarter.  Another assumption is that those six activities were assigned to everyone in the course.  If those assumptions are true, what you describe is expected behavior.

Instead, you need to copy those six assignments and move these copies into the second quarter.  Then only assign them to the six students. 

See this guide. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-assign-an-assignment-to-an-individual-s...

View solution in original post