Graded Quiz: Allow students to view their answer

Jump to solution
ptoche
Community Explorer

I would like students to be able to see the correct answer immediately after they take the quiz. It's not showing the correct answers for a Graded Quiz. It does work as expected for a Practice Quiz, which is what I used to use.

The message is that the quiz is muted and the student must wait until the instructor has graded it. But this is supposed to be graded automatically. Any suggestions?

Below is a summary of the selected options:

Quiz Type
Graded Quiz
Assignment Group
Quizzes
Shuffle Answers: Yes
Time Limit: No Time Limit
Multiple Attempts: Yes
Score to Keep: Highest
Attempts: 2
View Responses: Always
Show Correct Answers: Immediately
One Question at a Time: No

This is what it looks like when I edit the quiz: I tried to select/unselect "Only Once After Each Attempt" but it makes no difference. Either way the students doesn't see the corrected answers. I tested it with students and also in "student view".

There is an identical question from 3 years ago that came to nothing.
0 Likes
2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Check how this quiz shows up in your Gradebook. Does the top of the column indicate that you have turned on "manual" posting of grades for it? If it has, then you need to switch the quiz to "automatic" posting" by clicking on the three dots at the top of the Gradebook column. 

View solution in original post

HeatherAhern
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @ptoche ,

As @SusanNiemeyer has stated above, you will want to check your grade posting policy to make sure that students have access to their grades and it is set to "automatic". Here are a few guides that may be helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach back out!

View solution in original post