Grading - Hotkeys are not effective

Jump to solution
DavidHan
Community Member

When I am trying to grade effectively, I am attempting to use hotkeys.

If I want to move to next student (j), I need to click out of the score box to actually move to next student. I think you need to code in a simple, when you click ENTER, it will get you out of the box. Instead, it just stays in the box, so I need to click on empty space to get out of the typing space, in order to click the keyboard (j).

If I do not, the keystroke (j) will be in the score.

Please make the grading more effective, it is kind of ridiculous that we have to click so many different types on the mouse. The hotkeys are useless if we need to continually need to click on the mouse.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @DavidHan,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We hope you are doing well and that you’ve found an answer to your question!

I would recommend contacting Canvas support in an instance like this so they can look at your Canvas instance directly and see what is going on.  Community members are just regular Canvas users and administrators who can't see your exact course or account details, so we're unable to provide much help in a situation like this.

The Community Team acknowledges that this thread does not have a proper answer. However, we are marking this post as a temporary solution to help Community Members find and respond to the newest and most active threads.

At any time, any Community member can click the “Not the Solution” option and then respond in-thread with your follow-up questions. It’s important to include @CommunityForums in that reply so we can restore the entire topic to our list of unanswered questions we check routinely.

View solution in original post