How do I assign a quiz to a group

Jump to solution
debbie_ellis
Community Participant

I have created a couple of groups in my course, and I want to assign a different quiz to each group. However, though you can assign an assignment to a group, the same option doesn't exist when setting up a quiz. I even tried setting up an assignment with the assignment type as "External Tool" and then choosing the New Quizzes engine as the tool. The minute I did that, I lost the ability to make it a group assignment.

Any ideas?

1 Solution
nmbucklein
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @debbie_ellis !

Thank you for your feedback, and I have mentioned the suggestions in this thread to my team. 

I checked our current and archived Feature Requests, and it looks like this thread is related: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Assign-to-teacher-made-groups-in-Quizzes/idi-p...

The Ideas page is the best way to get an idea like this up to Engineering, so I would recommend reviewing this thread, and either showing your support on that idea, or creating a new one as the linked post is a year old. 

At Instructure, we do our best to build our products to fit the needs of our users, so your voice matters! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes