gtdev
Community Member

How do I get/can I have an admin account for development purposes?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm a developer trying to build an LTI 1.3 application and I'd like to use it on Canvas.  I currently have a free account but it seems like to use and test LTI applications I need an admin account.  How do I get an admin account?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Coach Emeritus

Hi @gtdev 

I have asked our Community Director, @scottdennis, if he can help you with this one. He will know who to put you in touch with.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kmeeusen
Coach Emeritus

Hi @gtdev 

I have asked our Community Director, @scottdennis, if he can help you with this one. He will know who to put you in touch with.

Kelley

0 Kudos
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Greg,

I can emphasize with your situation - you probably are not is a position where you want to purchase full access to a dedicated instance but you want admin level access for testing.  My best advice would be to contact our Partnerships team (available in the global navigation). I can tell you that as a free user you have API access to your own personal data.  I have heard of people developing integrations the rely solely on that access.  I would also suggest you might browse the developers interest group if you have not already.

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  I can definitely try contacting the partnership team, how do I contact them?  I have looked through some developer group information it's helpful but I want to see the tool actually working within Canvas.  From what I see, API access may be a bit different from LTI integration keys.  I do not require other people's data, but just a dummy admin account to test that LTI 1.3 integration is successful and to aid development.  I just need to see something working as a test so I can justify moving to a higher level account.

I will accept if I'm successful in testing.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hey Greg,

If you go to https://www.instructure.com/canvas/our-partners there is a contact form you can fill out under the About Us section.  Please let us know if that does not get you the contact you are looking for.

0 Kudos
gtdev
Community Member

Thanks, I've sent a message earlier today.  I'll update if I get a response.