How do I suggest adding a feature for instructors?

Jump to solution
JuddOwen
Community Novice

How do I communicate to the Canvas design staff to suggest a feature that I would find useful as an instructor?

(What I want to be able to do is to post video comments on assignments, and not have students see the comments till the grade is posted. I was told by the support line that this isn't possible.)

0 Likes
2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@JuddOwen Welcome to the community!  I am a little (or a lot) confused on why support would tell you that this is not possible.  If you have the policy set to "Manual" then the comments are not seen by students until the grade is posted.  See the last note in the top blue area on this guide:

How do I leave feedback comments for student submi... - Instructure Community

In answer to your question though, here is the guide on suggesting features in the Ideas area of this community:

How do I create a new idea conversation in the Ins... - Instructure Community

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @JuddOwen ...

In addition to the great information you received from @nwilson7, I'll just add that since you are still a "New Member" here in the Community, you may not yet be able to create new Feature Ideas here in the Community.  Canvas Community Managers recently made a change where New Members need to participate more in the Community before they can "rank up" (similar to "leveling up" in video games) to progress from "New Member".  You can read more about this by going to:

Welcome New Members

The three Guides I point people to about creating new Feature Ideas are (one of these Nick already gave you):

Hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes