How to Download Discussion Post Submissions

Jump to solution
anchored21
Community Member

Hello!

I use Discussion Posts as the primary way my students submit their work. This submission is usually either text entered into the text editor box, a video file, or a Word file to download. I would like to download the submissions from the Discussion Posts just like I am able to download Assignment submissions. How do I download submissions for Discussion Posts?

Other posts to this forum that address this issue are from three years ago and had no real resolution. I am hoping that Canvas has corrected this problem and that I've simply missed the solution in my searches.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @anchored21 ...

I don't think you're missing anything.  Unfortunately, I don't believe that downloading attachments from discussion replies is possible ... at least not all at once.  That would sure be nice, though.  In searching the Community, I found some resources for you (some of which you may have also found in your own searching):

I would also point you to this Feature Idea that you may be interested in reading: Download discussion board posts - Canvas Community.  If you feel this one aligns with something you'd like to see implemented in Canvas, you might want to consider giving it a star rating and also posting a comment to it letting the team of engineers at Instructure know why this would be important to you.  This Guide gives more detail on the star rating system: How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Commu... - Canvas Community.

I know this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but I hope it's helped to answer your question.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post