How to add general comments AFTER a quiz is taken?

Jump to solution
A_Wolf
Community Member

I spent hours adding general comments to a quiz after the quiz had been taken, in order to address common issues students had so I wouldn't need to leave as much individual feedback.

Big mistake. Apparently, general comments won't show up if you add them after a student has taken the exam, unless you regrade the question. And most questions in my exam can't be regraded, plus the "regrade" notification would only be confusing to students.

Is there any way to get general comments or anything all students can see with their exam to show up if you add them AFTER the quiz has been taken? How?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @A_Wolf 

I always provide a review of assessments after the students have submitted, and I have graded. I always do this by posting my review on the course Home Page. I use some HTML code to create an announcement widget on my home page, but that is not really necessary, as Canvas has the ability to display any recent announcements on the Home Page, and you could make use of that. See, How do I show recent announcements in the Course Home Page?

Also, you could create a new Idea Conversation for this functionality in this community.

Either way, good luck.

Kelley

View solution in original post