How to message other students.

Jump to solution
zoemkh
Community Member

In the inbox, when i press compose a new message and search up a name nothing comes up except for the teacher from that class and me. I wanted to become friends with the students but im not sure how to get their emails

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@zoemkh ...

When you go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen in your Canvas account, is the course listed as published (look in the "Published" column)?  Also, I wonder if other students have been enrolled in the course yet?  If the course is published, are you able to log into the course and see a "People" course navigation link on the left-hand side of the page?  (Your instructor may not make the "People" page available to you and your classmates, by the way.)  This is one way you would be able to see if there are others enrolled in the course besides you and your instructor...if you have the "People" page available.

Also, normally I don't think you'd be able to see your classmates' e-mail addresses in Canvas.  You can message your classmates through the Canvas Inbox (similar to e-mail), but you don't really see their e-mail addresses.

How do I send a message to a user in a course in t... - Instructure Community

Keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes