How to set up Quiz so that when students take second attempt they answer just incorrect ones?

Jump to solution
smritichoudhary
Community Member

Need help with setting up quiz. I have a final quiz for my students which has 50 questions and I have allowed them 2 attempts for the quiz. I want to show them the questions that they did not get right, direct them to the content so they can review the content again. After they have reviewed the content for incorrect answers they take a second attempt. In the second attempt I want them to answer only the questions they did not get right in the first attempt. I don't want the to have to answer all the 50 questions in the second attempt- just the ones they got wrong. Is there a way to do that in Canvas? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @smritichoudhary,

I came across this unanswered question while doing a cleanup of the community.

I want to show them the questions that they did not get right, direct them to the content so they can review the content again.

You can definitely do that as part of your quiz question setup if you provide feedback in appropriate boxes.

After they have reviewed the content for incorrect answers they take a second attempt. In the second attempt I want them to answer only the questions they did not get right in the first attempt. I don't want the to have to answer all the 50 questions in the second attempt- just the ones they got wrong. Is there a way to do that in Canvas? 

Unfortunately, this is not possible in Canvas at this point in time.  They would have to retake the entire quiz.

Sorry for the late response, and also that Canvas can't do exactly what you were hoping for right now.

-Chris

View solution in original post

@chriscas Thank you for the response. Maybe this could be a future enhancement that Canvas can look into. 

View solution in original post