Is there a hack that lets students unlock my locked assignments? If so, how do they do it?

Jump to solution
DeletedUser
Not applicable

I have been hearing rumors in my county about students finishing tests ahead of scheduled times. These tests are important for placement in the following years. As any teacher would know, it is important that we monitor them while they take the tests. There is evidence however, in the classes I teach, about how students complete locked assignments before they are unlocked.

Is anyone having the same question/issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @DeletedUser 

As far as I know, there is no way for a student user to access a locked assignment, Quiz or graded Discussion. How is it locked - availability date, unpublished, or requires an access code?

A good friend of mine, @kona Jones has written a blog in this community on testing security, Quiz settings to maximize security, that you might find useful. If you think students have accessed the quiz early, and I would love to see your evidence, you could set the quizzes to require an access code, then not release the code until it is testing time. These guides will describe how depending on the version of quizzes you are using:

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post