cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choms001
Community Participant

Is there a way to format comments in speed grader?

Jump to solution

I'd like to create bullet paragraphs (or bold or italicize or tab, etc.) when adding a comment on an assignment in SpeedGrader.  I don't see any menu of formatting options and wonder whether any keyboard shortcuts for formatting exist.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@choms001 , greetings! No, unfortunately, there isn't. What I end up doing is space down a line and then put the number in parentheses like this (1) blah, blah (2) blah, blah... etc... This seems to draw there eye to my main points.

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@choms001 , greetings! No, unfortunately, there isn't. What I end up doing is space down a line and then put the number in parentheses like this (1) blah, blah (2) blah, blah... etc... This seems to draw there eye to my main points.

Kona

danaleeling
Community Participant

I have learned that the comments dialog box strips out return characters, so "spacing down a line" doesn't generate the paragraph breaks that would help with long comments.  This stripping out is true for both a line feed and for line feed with a carriage return (shift-return and return). Anyone know a way to force line feed that does not get stripped out?

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

@danaleeling  I'm with you on this one. I really wish the Speedgrader Comments would keep the spacing. It would really help my students clearly understand the main points of my feedback. Right now, all they get is a WALL OF TEXT. That cannot be considered "best practices."