Late Policy

Jump to solution
brad_tebay
Community Member

Hello!  Our school has a late policy .  We recently adjusted the policy from 5% to to 2.5% late penalty to a minimum of 80% off.  In the old system of late penalties (5% to 50% minimum), whenever students had less than 50% late penalties were not applied, which is probably just as well.  So, if I changed it to 80%, late penalties would not be applied to and mark lower than 80%.  Here is what I think the Canvas Developers should do.  In my opinion, the late policy window in Canvas needs another check mark option of "apply late grades regardless of grade percentage".  It would need to work somehow in conjunction with "Lowest possible grade percent".  Or, the meaning of  "Lowest possible grade percent" needs to be changed to how much the late penalty can actually take off (down to 80% of the score).  Thanks for listening to my meanderings.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @brad_tebay 

This sounds like a complicated mess for both teachers and students, but it is what it is.

You have posted your suggestion in this community's Question Forum; but of course, you have no question. The Canvas Community also maintains an Idea Conversations are where users can submit ideas to to improve existing functionality or develop new functionality.

If you are interested in doing so, you can copy this recommendation over to Idea Conversations,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes