Limiting grader access

Jump to solution
JonathaGott
Community Novice

I'm administering a team-taught course by faculty unfamiliar with Canvas.  The concern is that when grading their section faculty will inadvertently alter grades entered by other faculty.  Is there a way to limit grader access to only their assignments?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JonathaGott,

I'm going to make a few assumptions here...  1 - You have multiple sections set up in your course.  2 - students and graders are enrolled in their correct sections.  3 - graders re only responsible for grading students in the specific section(s) in which they are enrolled.  If that is the case, limiting the graders (not students) to interact only with users in their section would be the perfect solution.  In addition to setting that up in the UI as the linked guide shows, you can do it with SIS CSV files as well.  If your course/enrollments are not set up in this way, I'd encourage you to investigate if they can be done like this, as I think it's the best solution for you, and something we have been doing at my institution for a few years now.

Hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes