Locating certain information

Jump to solution
FarrishBetton
Community Member

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm wondering if I have the wrong version of Canvas. Where the course says to locate certain topics, I do not see it there. However, I do find it somewhere else. For example, this course states that I can find the announcements in the course navigation bar but I do not see it there. However, I can find it on the course Home Page - on the right side near the bottom.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @FarrishBetton 

Just following up with @SusanNiemeyer 's response. It depends on your role - if you are a student, you likely will see some things on the left navigation in some courses like announcements, assignments, quizzes, files, etc. but not in others. This is because teacher's can and do customize their navigation tabs and what they want students  to  see. Some instructors only leave 3-5 tabs for students  and hide everything else. You would want to speak with your instructor if there is a tab that you want access to that has been removed. If you are a teacher, you can change and customize this view by following  this guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-manage-Course-Navigation-links/ta-p/102... 

Hopefully this helps! 

View solution in original post