Lowest possible grade for quiz?

Jump to solution
Swope01
Community Member

Hi,

Is there a way to set the quiz results so that 50% is the lowest a student can achieve?  My district has a 50%policy  so that the lowest a student can get on an assignment is 50%, as long as they attempt an assignment.  This is to prevent a disproportionate effect on grades based on a few outliers.  

I know this can be done with assignments.  Is there a way to do it with quizzes?

Thanks!😀
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
cassidy_reed
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Joe,

So in order to do this you would have to enable a late policy, the missing policy might also prove useful, and this can be done per assignment (missing policy is per course) The quizzes otherwise will remain at whatever point value that is given to them. It also might be helpful to know how to apply a default grade to everyone that hasn't been given a grade for an assignment/s if there were a few late entries when all others were graded. 

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us.

Thank you and have a great day!

Cassidy R.
L1 Canvas Support
support@instructure.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mzkm
Community Participant

I simply add a “Select True” T/F question at the end, and they get 50% for that.

If you make assignments add up to 100pts, then it’s easy and just make this question worth 50pt. If you don’t make it add up to 100pts, then simply make this question worth whatever the current question point total is (but remember the question point totals and the assignment’s point worth are not the same).

View solution in original post

0 Likes