Missing / Late Work Reports

Jump to solution
jpallotta
Community Explorer

I see that I can easily run a report, using the New Analytics, for the students in my classes (those that I teach), however I am able to run a report for students in my study skills course, for their individual courses?

In other-words, I have the ability to view any student's list of courses and grades for those courses, but to see what is missing, in each class, I need to "click and view" each and every course in which they are enrolled. 
Am I able to run a report, for all of their enrolled courses, at one time, for missed / late work?  I spend a lot of time looking at each students list of courses (high school = at least 6 courses per student).  
When I can easily see all "missing" assignments and run the report, it would allow me to have a list of what students can/should be working on during the assigned study period, without a lot of wasted "looking" at my end.

Thank you, Janet P.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @jpallotta 

There is an admin level report that can show students with no submissions, but that is not quite going to suit your needs. Your best bet would be to run the analytics report for each user in each course. 

There is another option with API to return submission workflow_state for an assignment, but would probably end up being more work in my opinion. However if you want to look in to that more you can check out the API documentation here - https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/submissions.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes