Missing Work Indicator Transfer to PowerSchool

Jump to solution
MrsLPalazzi
Community Novice

Has anyone ever fixed the problem with missing work?  "Late" and "Excused" transfer to PowerSchool during the sync, but "Missing" does not.  There have been several people who have asked about this (going back to 2017) and it doesn't seem to have been resolved.  My district does not give me the option to contact Canvas directly for help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Community Team
Community Team

@MrsLPalazzi currently there are two different ways that you grade passback from Canvas to PowerSchool can be set up.  One of these integrations passes the "Missing" label to PowerSchool, the other does not.  Since I do not know what district you teach at (and I am sorry to hear you don't have access to Canvas Support), I can't determine which integration your currently using, but I suspect that it is the former.  If this is the case only the score, due date, and submission date are transferred to PowerSchool and not the missing status.  PowerSchool likely can deduce a late status from the submission date being later than the due date, but it appears that it can't deduce a missing status from the lack of a submission.  

If your district is using the newer integration that is powered by the OneRoster API, the missing label should be synced to PowerSchool and you may want to reach out to your administration if it isn't (since you can't contact Canvas Support directly).

View solution in original post