Missing option to add self-enrollment (Canvas is set to allow manual self-enrollment)

Jump to solution
PatriciaO5
Community Member

I am an admin in my current employers' canvas, and I am working with a faculty member who wants to allow students to self-enroll. I followed instructions from "How do I enable course self-enrollment with a join code or secret URL?" but there is no option called "Let students self-enroll by sharing with them a secret URL or code."

I did check to ensure our setting allows this feature by following "How do I enable self-enrollment in an account and allow students to self-enroll in a course?" and this is enabled, just not showing up in this particular course.

Does anyone know why this error is occurring and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @PatriciaO5,

I'm going to guess the course has an SIS ID, an I correct?  The self-enroll option only shows up if the SIS ID is blank (meaning the course enrollments are not syncing with an SIS at all, which the self-enroll would break in most cases).  I don't know of a way to mix those two things together, but if the SIS ID is not needed, you may be able to just remove it, save that change, then see the self-enroll option appear.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post