New Quizzes aren't included in course export package

Jump to solution
debbie_ellis
Community Participant

Recently I created a course export package that included New Quizzes. I don't have much experience with New Quizzes, and I was creating this export package to help someone else.

When I imported the export package into a blank course shell, the quizzes did not import into the course. Someone told me they had the same problem and had to enter the quizzes all over again into their new course from scratch.

There must be a better way to do this! I see in the Canvas Roadmap that New Quizzes will be able to be shared to the Canvas Commons, which seems to be a good solution. Is there a different solution until that time comes?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

You are correct, @debbie_ellis that the New Quizzes are not yet included in course exports (including to Canvas Commons). A workaround for now is to export the New Quizzes as QTI files from the source course (singly, I'm afraid) and then import them (singly, I'm afraid) into the destination course. If New Quizzes is already enabled in the other course and the option is chosen to import those QTI files as New Quizzes, then they will be New Quizzes in the destination course.

The following Canvas Guides provide guidelines:

View solution in original post