cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darmstrong
Community Contributor

New Quizzes

Jump to solution

I am trying to figure out why when my students submit a quiz using the new quizzes, I am not getting a notification under my to-do list that notifies I have submissions to grade. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nmbucklein
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @darmstrong 

Your issue with items not showing up on your to-do list sounds like something you will want to contact support about: How do I contact Canvas Support? 

@BENJAMINFORBES You do not need to setup question groups in New Quizzes in order to randomize question order like you do in Classic Quizzes: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-manage-settings-for-a-quiz-in-New-Quizz...

If you are wanting to pull questions from an Item Bank, see the following documentation: How do I manage item banks in New Quizzes? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BENJAMINFORBES

How can one make question groups, generating random questions from a set of questions, in new quizzes?

nmbucklein
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @darmstrong 

Your issue with items not showing up on your to-do list sounds like something you will want to contact support about: How do I contact Canvas Support? 

@BENJAMINFORBES You do not need to setup question groups in New Quizzes in order to randomize question order like you do in Classic Quizzes: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-manage-settings-for-a-quiz-in-New-Quizz...

If you are wanting to pull questions from an Item Bank, see the following documentation: How do I manage item banks in New Quizzes? 

BENJAMINFORBES

The question is about how a subgroup can be set where there are say 5 questions and 3 are randomly chosen for each student, randomly each getting 3 of the 5 questions. I have not seen how this can be set up in New Quizzes.

Hi @BENJAMINFORBES …

It doesn’t look like this is currently possible within New Quizzes.  In your example, it doesn’t look like you could tell Canvas to pick 3 of 5 questions to display to a given student.  This Guide, How do I manage settings for a quiz in New Quizzes... - Instructure Community, allows you to shuffle the questions (and even a separate toggle switch to shuffle answers), but there isn’t anything I can see that would allow you to create a question group in New Quizzes to only pick “x” number of questions out of “y” questions available.

Sorry that I don’t have a better answer for you, but I hope this has helped in some way to answer your question.

@BENJAMINFORBES …

Please see my response above…thanks!