Outcome formatting

Jump to solution
melayna_moore
Community Participant

Problem - New outcomes format streamlines the rubric which is great but there is no way to customize beyond that. 
This is causing a huge headache as I outline rubrics as steps and cannot cleanly write in the steps a student needs to take to reach the criteria. 

I tried to format it into a table to get around this but it just shows up as a block of confusing text for students. 
I gave them a copy of a spread sheet with the information but that kind of ruins the point of them having a quick access point when working on an assignment.

Additionally, the max steps I have is four but some criteria is only 3 or 2 so it is confusing that they all show up with four.

Solution:
Allow teachers to customize what is displayed for the outcomes again.
I like that I don't have to change the mastery names and can do that all in one place but it is frustrating that I cannot adjust the information for students accordingly anymore.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@melayna_moore ...

Are you making a suggestion for improvements to Canvas?  I wasn't sure based on your posting...but kind of assumed that you might be based on your "Problem" / "Solution" paragraphs.  If this is what you were intending to do, there is a separate area to submit your ideas to later be evaluated.

Canvas Ideas and Themes - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Click on the blue "View and Submit Ideas" button, and then click on the blue "Submit an Idea" button.  Or, just go here:

Canvas Ideas - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Also, please review the documentation listed under "Ideas and Themes" on this page:

Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

...as it will provide help on how to create your own Ideas here in the Community.  Hope this helps a bit!

View solution in original post