PDF download issues

Jump to solution
grizgrin
Community Member

In Modules, when I attempt to download a pdf my instructor has posted, I get 3 options when I click the download icon to the right of the file name; Preview, Download, and Alternative Formats. When I click Download (with Chrome settings for PDF Documents set to Download PDFs), it attempts to open the document (with no data in it) in a new tab in Chrome from a local address on my C: drive. When I do the same thing with Chrome set to Open PDFs in Chrome, it opens in in Chrome as you would expect. There is an option to download, but the download will only open as a webpage in Chrome. Is there a way to set it up so that hen I click Download, it Downloads? When I click on the filename in Canvas, it opens a preview of the file in Canvas, no option to download.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @grizgrin 

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing when you click the "download" link?

What you're describing sounds like an empty tab that pops up automatically when Chrome is following the link to the download URL, then a "file save location" pop-up from Chrome asking where you want to save the downloaded file.

View solution in original post