Partial Credit on Quiz Items

Jump to solution
jdbaker
Community Novice

I need to give #partial credit for multiple choice test item(s) within a quiz issues In Blackboard I can make each response have partial value automatically scored such as a=100%; b=80%; c=70%; & d=60% and no response=0%. In Canvas if the student responds with anything other than "a" or the "correct answer" the result is 0%. I contacted the Canvas chat and was told they have no option for partial credit for quiz items and faculty will have to grade each item/student manually, if you have large numbers of students this is a sorely needed element. I understand if other people wish to use partial credit process that they have to "vote" to make this happen. Please vote to have Canvas make this option available. Also if any one can help me with a work around other than grading each item individually for each student please provide that to me and also please vote to get Canvas to add this option as a priority in their revisions. Thank you.

2 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jdbaker , on the assumption that you're using Canvas (classic) Quizzes, the advice the Canvas Support agent provided is accurate. However, it's not necessary to vote on this, because this is existing functionality in our new quiz tool, Quizzes.Next. Using Q.N, instructors can create multiple-choice questions such that each response has a different point value—and this accommodates the scenario you've described. Please refer to How do I create a Multiple Choice question in Quizzes.Next? 

If your school hasn't yet made Quizzes.Next available for user testing, please reach out to the Canvas admin at the school for additional guidance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Everyone! I wanted to highlight the 2022-01-15 Release Notes, notably the Matching Questions Partial-Credit announcement! This will apply to New Quizzes users next month.

View solution in original post