Password Management System for Testing Centers

chought4
Community Member

I am an upper level Canvas admin and testing center administrator. 

I'm guessing that there are nightmarish logistics involved, but I am just wondering if anyone has an idea if it would be possible to use some sort of password override feature on an administrative level that would allow a testing center to bypass the password on a Canvas exam using one that is generated by the administration in the testing center daily.

So, for example, if there are 20 different Canvas quizzes running on a certain day, that is 20 different unique passwords that would need to be used multiple times throughout the day.  While this causes its own level of annoyance, especially if a faculty member uses passwords that are more difficult to type, we also run into issues where instructors give us a password and either change it or miss-type it in Canvas so that it does not work when staff attempt to put it in causing significant delays to students trying to test.

Is there a way anyone knows of where an institution admin can put a password that changes daily to be used for all Canvas courses on an account?  One that doesn't change the existing password if a faculty member puts one in on a quiz but basically acts as a second legitimate password?

Labels (2)
0 Likes