cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marjoleinr

Profile picture not sharp

Is there anybody who knows why my picture is not sharp?

I have asked help from ICT and others but no'one seems to find the problem.
As a teacher i am a little tired of having my profile looking so unprofessional.

Help is much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Marjoleinr ...

Where are you trying to upload your profile picture?  Here in the Canvas Community website?

• Click on the avatar icon at the top right corner of any screen here in the Community and then click on My settings >> Avatars

On your profile within your school's Canvas environment?

Or, are you trying to add a picture to a content page in your course?

Also, do you know the dimensions of your picture you are trying to upload?

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

0 Kudos

I am trying to get my profile picture sharp on my profile within your school's Canvas environment.
I asked ICT to help, i tried different sizes of photo's, i tried different photo's all together. 
The weird thing is, all my colleagues don't seem to have this problem. But they don't know why either. 

I have uploaded a printscreen of the dimensions of my photo.

Thanks for taking an interest in helping me out!

0 Kudos

@Marjoleinr ...

Well, I'm just a fellow Canvas user like yourself, and I'm not employed by Instructure (the folks that make Canvas).  😉

That's strange that your photo isn't what you'd like it to be in your Canvas environment.  Have you tried uploading a different photo or image to see if you notice anything different about that file compared to the one you want to use?

Other than that, have you tried reaching out to the Canvas Help Desk staff?  (I am not familiar with "ICT".  Is that your school?)

If you contact the Canvas Help Desk staff, let us know how that conversation goes...thanks!

0 Kudos
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Marjoleinr 

I am sorry you are having trouble with your profile picture in Canvas. 

I was not able to find much information on the ideal specifications for profile pictures in Canvas. However some things that could be causing this: 

• Images should be square in size to prevent your picture from being resized or distorted.  
  • File types can be any type (.jpg, .png, .gif) as long as you have room in your personal file storage space. 
  • I have seen that sometimes if you resize the file by 50% vertically and 50% horizontally is can sometimes fix the image from appearing distorted or pixelated. You might be able to try this and see if it makes any difference. Do you know how large the picture is that this is happening with? 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

Thanks for your tips. 
I have tried making it a square but it did not help.
Also i have tried other images, other formats (jpg / png) but it did not help.

I have uploaded an image in my last post, it says something about dimensions (before i tried a square).

ps. where i talk about ICT i should have written IT

0 Kudos