Quiz Question Images not Imported from Blackboard Tests

Jump to solution
ChrisJonesSTLCC
Community Member

Hi all. My institution is currently going through the transition from Blackboard to Canvas, and we are all busy exporting course content from the old LMS to the new one.

I have recently imported tests that contained embedded images in Blackboard, however when I view the imported quiz questions in Canvas, I just see a broken image link. The corresponding images don't appear to be present in the Files area either. When I imported the file, there were a number of issues identified, all stating:

"Missing links found in imported content - Assessment Question question_text"

When I select the image in the quiz question and select Image Options, I can see some information about the image, such as its Alt Text, and dimensions. The HTML view provides this information about the missing picture:

https://stlcc.instructure.com/courses/787/file_contents/course%20files/@X@EmbeddedFile.requestUrlStu...

Is this a known issue or is there a specific way in which I should be exporting from Blackboard to prevent this from occurring? Thanks in advance for your insights.

0 Likes
1 Solution
blopes
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @ChrisJonesSTLCC 

When you import course content into your course you might run into issues such as broken links. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to prevent such issues. Once the import is done, you would have to verify the content that was imported and manually fix the issues. If the images didn't come through, you would need to download them from Blackboard and upload them to the questions you need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes