Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
detour-jenn
Community Member

Redirect tool error message: The URL provided is not valid.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone else uses the redirect tool to create custom links for course nagivation? And if so are you currently getting an error message when you click on the custom link? I've been using the redirect tool for well over a year now and not had this problem before. I'm wondering if settings have changed and I need to update the redirect tool URL?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jenn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hey @detour-jenn 

I did some testing with the tool on my end and had no issue when applying various links to it. Is it a link that goes somewhere in your course, or is it an external site?

I would recommend recreating the link with Redirect and seeing if it behaves properly at that point. If not you will probably want to reach out to Canvas Support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hey @detour-jenn 

I did some testing with the tool on my end and had no issue when applying various links to it. Is it a link that goes somewhere in your course, or is it an external site?

I would recommend recreating the link with Redirect and seeing if it behaves properly at that point. If not you will probably want to reach out to Canvas Support.

0 Kudos
detour-jenn
Community Member

Hey @JeffW,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried recreating the link with Redirect and still getting the message that the URL provided does not exist. I have redirects that are both to external pages and internal pages, and neither are working at this point.

JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

@detour-jenn 

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that! I definitely recommend reaching out to Canvas Support in that case.

If you are the admin for the account and you are whitelisting apps via the EduAppCenter, I might suggest relinking the access token. Take a look at the guide here if you are unfamiliar. Just note that changes in whitelisted app, or updating the token can take up to 24 hours to take effect.