Rubrics disappearing

Jump to solution
Steph_30
Community Contributor

Hi everyone,

My team is currently experiencing problems with the rubrics. We noticed that some people are suddenly losing rubrics from their courses. We've been trying to find the issue, but so far we've had no luck.

We thought that maybe a colleague had deleted or changed the rubrics by accident, but that does not seem to be the case, as one teacher is working in a course on her own and nobody else had accessed the files. No tasks had been deleted, so that could not be the problem either.

I've checked the beta and test environments of the courses in question, but the lost rubrics are nowhere to be found.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or is there an issue we may have overlooked?

Many thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Steph_30 

It is likely that the rubrics were deleted inadvertently and possibly a while ago if they don't appear in beta. Rubrics function a little different from other content as they are tied to the user and not the course.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community    

View solution in original post

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@Steph_30 -

I agree with what @greydon mentioned.  I will add some of my own experience as it may lead to the cause of the missing rubrics.

Occasionally I have deleted rubrics when I did not think that would happen.  My memory is not entirely clear on the procedure that caused the rubric to be deleted.  I have created rubrics for an assignment (can't remember if it was a new rubric, or one from find a rubric or a course copied rubric) and then decided I did not like the rubric, so I deleted(removed) it from the assignment.  That deleting also deleted the rubric.  My interpretation of the way removing/deleting a rubric from an assignment makes me think that the rubric will not be associated with the assignment, but it will still exist.   However, as I mentioned I have actually had the entire rubric deleted.  My advice when creating new rubrics is to create them from the rubric navigation link and not from the assignment itself - no real reason other than I think that is where my issue with the deleted rubrics came from.

Ron

View solution in original post