SIS Canvas Sync issues

Jump to solution
billkessler3
Community Explorer

We're using Jenzabar for our Student Information System and we have it setup so it sends SIS uploads every hour.

We're experiencing that once a trimester, one of the uploads that is sent hourly will be processed as a blank file (typically it's a sections.csv or an enrollments.csv file that is processed as blank).  This causes all the students and teachers to disappear from all of our courses for a term.  The following hour the sync runs again, it has no problems, and all students are restored.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.  On our end when we reviewed the upload, all our files looked normal, including the files for the sync in question.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if they were able to determine a cause as to why it was happening.  Instructure said a blank file was processed, but the file was not blank on our end and the sync receipt indicated the file size indicated it was not blank.

just looking for answers on this, if any.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
thovey
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@billkessler3 

I myself have not seen this problem before. I took a look at your recent support ticket and it looks like your case has been escalated to the Canvas senior support team. Once our engineers have determined the cause of this issue they will be reaching out to you by email.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this for you. 

View solution in original post