SIS import hanging

Jump to solution
JacobVanVleet
Community Member

I'm having an issue with anytime I try to import anything it creates it, and just does nothing.  I'm only trying to import one thing at a time.  I've noticed if you try to import multiple files at the same time it hangs like this as well.  I check the status of the upload and progress before trying to upload the next file and always at 0

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JacobVanVleet,

This is likely something that will need to go to Canvas support (if available to you) to investigate.  There have been a couple times in the 10+ years we've had Canvas that I have ran into something like this, but never anything consistently reproducible.  Canvas will only process one SIS import at a time, and any additional import attempts will basically get queued.  If one import gets stuck, none of the subsequent ones will process.  Hopefully support will be able to unstick the import or cancel it so the others can all process.  If they are all failing, support should be able to identify the cause for you as well.

I wish you good luck in getting the issue identified and resolved!

-Chris

View solution in original post

JacobVanVleet
Community Member
Author

There was a import hung up that I couldn't see through the api or gui.  Support got me the ID and I was able to kill it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes