Setting a Release Date for a Module!

Jump to solution
PallaviJalakam
Community Contributor

With the rollout of new Module Settings UI, when I try to lock a module or schedule a release date for a module, it defaults to the current time instead of 12:00 AM.

In the attached screenshot, I've set the release date to July 23, 2024. The time defaults to 12:23 PM, which corresponds to the time I made this adjustment. Shouldn't it default to 12 AM instead?

Am I missing anything here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
CelestialDawnA
Community Explorer

I don't think you are missing anything. I believe what used to happen in that area was that it defaulted to not put in a time at all when you clicked a date, so when you submitted that it would choose the start of the day since no other time was specified. Now, with it being a drop-down menu that inputs time as soon as you click on the option to add a Lock Date, it's defaulting to the current time rather than not having a time at all. It's probably because it's that drop-down instead of a manual input like before.

For now, the easy fix is to click on the time it defaulted to, then select the 12:00AM option at the top of that list (see attached GIF). It's pretty quick if that's the opening time you need. If you are someone that uses a time different than 12am, then that's where you would need to scroll a bit more or type in at least the start of the time you wish for it to use (see attached JPG).

It may not be as ideal as before, but I don't know if it would be something Canvas would consider a bug to fix. 🤷‍♀️ I know Blackboard did the same type of thing when our institution used that LMS, so I'm guessing it might be common when the time setting is a drop-down selection tool.

View solution in original post

0 Likes