Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello I am trying to find a way to select the highest score in each of the categories with one single click, using rubrics in speed grader with points. The rubrics are pre-populated by my university and I would like to be able to fill them out more q...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school administrator wants to move to google classroom. We want to know how to copy the class/subject contents from Canvas to Google Classroom. Thank you 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am following my course instructions, but my Canvas does not look like the instructions. Can you help me to turn on my notifications for daily updates as well as notification for any communication from my professor, Thank you 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Boa tarde!Estou com dificuldade em relação a um scorm em uma das minhas trilhas do nosso curso de devfullstack. Estamos específicamente com um problema em relação a um scorm, todos os outro funcionam normalmente porém somente este não está efetuando ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I have been posting grades manually for all of my homework assignment this semester, and only those students who received a grade received the notice. Now I have students who are making up homework assignments from earlier dates. is there a way fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i think I chose "Student" and I should have chosen "Teacher".  I am being show How to recognize things but Not how to put them in.  I see Cynthia tomorrow so I think she can help change it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When importing pages, assignments, quizzes, etc., from an old Canvas course to a new Canvas course, I already know that I can have canvas update the due dates on my behalf.But I'll often put the due date in plain text in the description of the item, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use Canvas's passback to PowerSchool and have run into a problem with staggered release quizzes and tests in multi-section courses. What happens is that the quiz or test will sync to PowerSchool in one section of the class but not the other, and it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Canvas, when I use Turn it in, there is an AI check, I can generate a report telling me what parts of the paper are similar to what was written in a journal article but it does not include the percentage of the assignment that is AI. I can see ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working with an instructor who needs to migrate content from HTML pages created many years ago to Canvas.  These pages contain tables that were used for layout, and we're trying to remove them to improve accessibility.  However, they are quite co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are implementing a SIEM in our environment and want to do log shipping from our hosted Canvas instance to allow us to monitor account elevations, account creations, bulk data downloads etc. Does anyone know if this can be done? I had a quick look ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I assign quizzes in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm not sure if it was a mistake on my end or not, but I don't believe my post belongs on the Dev board, my question was from the perspective of an end user with the student role?  I just checked the community guides but I don't see any mention of bo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Can a teacher reopen an assignment that has already been submitted by students so that they can continue to work on the assignment?  If not...why don't we have that option because it seems like a valuable option for a variety of reasons.Yes...I un...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1. I can't seem to find a tab to open a Paid account. How can I do that?2. How much space does a Paid account provide per video and per course?3. What does it cost to use Canvas Catalog?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is considered a passing grade in Health Studies Courses? Or what do you think is considered a passing grade in college? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings, I'm new to the instructure program and LMS as a whole. Is there a basic beginners course somewhere?I'm trying to create a list of true or false questions but i can not figure out how to do them as a group. Thanks in advance!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the vacation policy of when your going on a vacation during the school year ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does PowerPoint sometimes show the entire slide and sometimes only show part of the slide? See attached images. Thank you for your help!      

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In a Canvas quiz, I would like the ability to set the quiz to one question at a time, but to have two short answer fields in a single question. Use CaseIt's pretty simple, the first field will be where the student responds to the set question. The se...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I'm using the external tool - matlab grader.The student can take the matlab quiz, hits submit, but then gets an error "Canvas Gradebook cannot be reached"(I get this error with a real student and the canvas fake student view)Any thoughts?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good eveningI would like to find out how to check if I have done a quiz. There have been so many surveys and quizzes that pop up and cant keep track. I remember doing some but when scrolling down to see if I have answered it, my name does not pop up ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i have this bug where i cant text other fellow mates (not teacher and helper a.k.a adults) I cant text with other students!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I logoff of CANVAS and recall the login page, my username and password are still in the window.  I want them to be blank when I log back in.   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Colleagues, Although I have been through this migration many years ago and under different circumstances, I'm back at another institution that is considering a switch from Blackboard Classic to Canvas. There are options for migration from Instructure...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am writing a quiz in Canvas, I am having an issue that random sentences of text are faded.  I copy and paste the question and answers from a Google doc.  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for the faded text.  But, it occurs by line.  ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to set up permissions so that teachers can access a Blueprint course and pull information as desired, instead of having content pushed out to all connected courses?We are in the infancy of rolling out and a common structure for content...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is an issue one of our teachers is facing. Below is the description of the issue - a bit complicated so I will do my best to be clear.The teacher saves a file in Course Files. The file then is hyperlinked in the relevant part of the course. The ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies