stemgj

Student cannot delete/reset app integrations

Hey everyone,

I have a teacher using the Edpuzzle and Teachermade apps. They have one student that cannot access those tools through Canvas - so obviously the integration is working fine, because everyone .else can.

We have tried clearing the browser cache and that did not help. 

I want to delete the Approved Integration token from their user account page (which I can see on teacher and admin accounts) but the student users don't have that capability (permissions? - I can't find anything in our Permissions that looks like it pertains to this task). I cannot access their account home page in the same way that they do when I'm logged in with my admin account, so I don't see anywhere that I can delete and then recreate the app integration for the user.

The screenshot shows the delete feature I can access for my account, but they as a student cannot access for themselves and I do not know how/where to access it as an admin.

Any thoughts??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @stemgj,

I think this is something you may need to open a Canvas support ticket for (if you have that option available).  As far as I know, any user should be able to control their own app tokens.  I'm a Canvas admin, and a week or two ago, I had the same issue on my own account where the delete buttons were missing.  By the time I got around to creating a support ticket, I reloaded the page and the delete icons were back.  There may be some kind of weird sporadic bug going on, so maybe even telling the student to try reloading the page again in a few hours would help.

-Chris

0 Kudos
Courtney69

Try Resetting your Canvas course content and settings.
Clover Dashboard Login

0 Kudos

@Courtney69 ...

I'm not sure I follow.  Resetting course content essentially wipes out an instructor's course content completely...creating a blank course shell with no content in it.  I wouldn't recommend doing this just for what @stemgj is requesting.  I would echo the recommendation from @chriscas above.  Hope this helps.

I agree with @Chris_Hofer.. Resetting the course is highly unlikely to fix and app integration issues, and it will wipe out all content, grades, etc in the course.  The downsides of doing a reset in this case seem to outweigh any potential benefit.  This is more than likely an obscure Canvas bug with the particular student's user account, or perhaps just a missing field that the app is set up to use (like an email address, sis_id, etc...).

I continue to think the best solution here is for @stemgj (or others who might have similar problems and read this thread in the future)to get in touch with national Canvas support or their local Canvas team (IT / eLearning / Digital Education area) to investigate the issue further and hopefully get it resolved quickly.

-Chris