Students are not receiving course invitations or even email verification emails

Jump to solution
lynn_poth
Community Explorer

Students are struggling this year to access courses. They are not receiving course invitations, even if I resend them or create new courses to send from. I get the message that the emails are not verified. The students are not getting verification emails either.

Our IT department disabled the student emails for a period of time over the last week or 2. I suspect that the email invitations may have bounced back. Would this put the emails on an inactive list or suppression list on the canvas end? If so, how do we get them back off?

The courses are published, the emails are correctly entered and I've not had problems with our institution emails before. This is a free account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

What kind of institution do you work at? 

I teach at a community college. The college uploads students into my Canvas shells through SIS. It's all done for me. (My college doesn't allow me to add students on my own.)

Ideally, your IT folks should figure out a way to upload students into your course through SIS.

View solution in original post

CGiddens
Community Member

I was having a problem with a student receiving the invitation email to their school email in outlook.

The Solution was:

Go to + People 

Choose (Login ID)

Type Last Name, First Name

Then you can add the User Name and email address for the student manually. 

This worked for me. Hope this helps! Happy Teaching!

View solution in original post