cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameron_redsell
Community Member

Submission Comments Blank

Jump to solution

Recently the Submission Comments tab has gone blank on me. Last semester I used it every week to check in on assignment feedback, but starting this semester I can't view anything (even past classes). Is this a local issue to our instance, or something bigger?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cameron_redsell
Community Member

I am seeing reports/rumours that Submission Comments only goes back 4 weeks, and that would explain my issue. Possibly solved

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @cameron_redsell 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with missing comments. Thank you for providing the screenshot upfront it was very helpful. As long as there have been comments posted, they should be appearing here. If you've never had a  problem with it in the past, but recently it stopped working across courses,  it is very likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing your cache and cookies and/or trying another browser to  see if the problem persists. Hopefully this helps!

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

cameron_redsell
Community Member

Sadly not that easy unfortunately. I had tried a few different computers/browsers originally, but then also had our local Techs try accessing and using my account from their end and they got the same. They've also done a little research on their end and were told it's "totally normal behaviour", which I can only assume to mean that I can't view any submission comments form past semesters. This seems a little odd as I don't think semesters are hard coded into the system, and I don't think I've had the problem before, but entirely possible. Since I posted I have had a few comments I've posted to students show up there, but nothing back from the students, so perhaps something has overfilled in the backend and is gradually working itself out. I'm not sure.

cameron_redsell
Community Member

I am seeing reports/rumours that Submission Comments only goes back 4 weeks, and that would explain my issue. Possibly solved

0 Kudos