Task Completion Checklist

Jump to solution
tketo
Community Member

How do I create a task completion checklist in a course for the student when each module which has been completed?

I have a course that I am the admin of created by a previous colleague.  Students are emailing asking me about the checklist not checking off when completed.  I am not sure how to rectify this and where to look in the back end.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
CelestialDawnA
Community Explorer

Do they mean having Canvas module requirements on the items linked there? That's typically what I would think of for where students would see a checklist in Canvas. Here's Canvas's Guide on how to set that up. If that is what they mean, then instructors can set up the modules in their course to have individual items (or every item) in there be a requirement and they can also specify whether students need to do those requirements all in order. They may also need to decide if, for the module to be considered "complete," they actually need to do everything required or just one of the items listed.

Based on your description, the prior instructor may have already had prerequisites/requirements on there, but there may be a specific task that isn't working quite right. If there's an error in what it is asking them to do, then correcting the requirement to match the intention should fix it. However, sometimes that error may happen even if the requirement is set up as intended. Usually when that happens for me, I just remove that requirement, save the change, and then go add it back really quick. When you save the changes to those module settings, make sure to select the option to "Re-Lock Modules" if you want all students to be required to do each module requirement/prerequisite. If the students have already done what they need to meet the requirements, they will regain the access they already had.

If I've misunderstood the issue and it's about something else, then I apologize! Would you have any further context you could share about what they are trying to access?

View solution in original post

0 Likes