Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

According to Canvas Release notes, Previous and Next navigation buttons were to be put in production yesterday? I don't see them added as of this morning. Was there a delay? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am able to read my announcements, but under the "Posted On" section to the right, there are no dates listed for all of my courses.  Is this a setting I need to change somewhere?  I don't think it would be huge issue but one of my classes has older ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas encouraged the migration of old quizzes to new quizzes...and now I find out new quizzes won't migrate from old courses to new courses. Rendering these new quizzes essentially bricked. To say nothing the fact that there are numerous issues with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-18-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello. Is there a DocViewer API that allows adding annotations? Or is it possible to upload an annotated PDF and display it in DocViewer for the student via CanvasAPI or not?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

as an instructor is google drive the only place I can upload my powerpoints?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm an instructional designer and I am hoping I might glean some knowledge and guidance from other Canvas users on effectively using the Group Homepage sites throughout an entire semester. We've just switched to Canvas so this is a new t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I delete a sandbox that I created? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to this. As an instructor, do I need to create my assignments first then they go into gradebook? I am teaching f/f and utilizing canvas but need to use the gradebook. i.e Quiz 1 =20pts, -- do I just create the assignment with a total of 20 p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  Hope you are well. I work for an organization as a Student Adviser, so I use Canvas as an instructor.  I am not able to find the "New Analytics" tab, not even in the course settings - navigation. Could you help me figure out why? I would be a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I've searched the boards and find that several people have been asking about this issue from all the way back to 2019. When will Canvas correct this? I can't tell you how many times classmates and myself have utilized Canvas to record video discussio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello  I want the students to have a score for their pretest quiz at the beginning of the course so they can see where they are at, (and so I can) but NOT have the pre-test quiz score calculate into their final grade as displayed. I have a grading s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I can't log into my event on Canvas. How do I find or reset my password? Thanks, Ann

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, An application was accidentally deleted yesterday from our production instance. Is there a way to restore a deleted application as an Admin, possibly from Beta, or do you simply need to re-integrate the app? If I need to re-integrate the app m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a teacher and want to set up a jigsaw research experience. Ideally, I want students in two sections to select their topic from one list of options, but I can work around that. How can I provide a list and assure that only one student can choose e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there, I am attempting to set a specific admin role. I cannot enable 'view all grades' - see image attached, the role is called Student Analytics. Essentially, I would like to create a role that allows someone to be able to access course analyt...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

SO it seems that something has changed in Canvas. The multiple-answer no longer gives partial credit OR there's some other setting that needs to be changed. I've spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to get canvas to score a multiple answer q...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I recently set an exam for my students and one student needed to do the exam the next day. The other students submitted their exam in the original time period. I then changed the exam date and time (to the next day) just for the student with the exte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I know how to merge multiple sections under 1 section.  However, I have been told that this can't be done and was wondering if there is something I miss.  My problem is, if I have ENGR 1250-001, -002, and -003, I want to merge them all under one Canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I remove the "Missing Assignment" notification  after i have graded work manually

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good afternoon. A student asks me to open Units 4 and 5 for her in advance. I did it in the activities and in the automated ones but I don't see how to do it in the units.  Can you guide me?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm the GA for a Hebrew class, The font on the vocab quizzes the professor used is not very good and he's asked me to change them. However, it is very time consuming to go through each quiz and change the font on each individual question. Is there so...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Canvas Community:   I need to know How many files can a student submit in the same assignment in Canvas?   Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't figure out why I can't get any content in my 4th tab to appear, I contacted Canvas support and they told me that enhanceable_content tabs are no longer supported, is this true? Thank you! Here is a link to the code on codepen that I am using ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a student who is on my roster and enrolled in the course but does not show in grades or speed grader.  Anyone?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We would like to incorporate into the Grade book the ability to overwrite an "F" (0%) with an "FN" which indicates a student failed to do any or very minimal coursework and never officially withdrew from the course. We use the "FN" grade for Title IV...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 for school only to find that I am unable to log into Canvas on this device. I have tried logging in using both Edge and Chrome to no avail. I am having no issues logging in to this same account on other ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone use special permissions or user profiles for your college's research department? I'd like to know what permissions you would think are important for these groups.  Thanks, Claudia

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I really like the idea of the grade by question functionality.  However, everything I see refers me to how to see one student's responses a question at a time (or to pull that student's responses).  I want to know how I can pull every students's resp...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-05-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Colleagues and/or Vendors, I need help.  I feel utterly lost.  This "Instructure Community" site is a maze and I cannot figure out where I am let alone where to go. My school uses Canvas.  I had colleagues help me last year, but I know that I didn't ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

The highest score to keep option has been selected, but the default grade is still the last submission. This issue was raised a few years ago and i am wondering if it has been resolved? Or is there a recommended solution. Individual adjustments is no...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies