Total Time Spent on Page

Jump to solution
JessicaDeanSVC
Community Coach
Community Coach

Are my faculty and I experiencing a Mandela effect? They are swearing that there used to be the ability to see a breakdown of how long students spent on different pages in the course. I remember it too because as recently as a few weeks ago I had to speak with an instructor to not rely on that information for providing an attendance grade since it doesn't log time correctly for folks using the mobile app. But now, I cannot find any such information in New Analytics or elsewhere. 

Does anybody else remember this feature? Do you still have it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @JessicaDeanSVC 

Thanks for posting this in the Canvas Community! 

• I know that you can look at something called an Access Report for an individual student. I don't think that will display the total time spent on a page, but HERE is the Canvas guide on that. 
  • New analytics also has a report that can be generated called Course Activity which generates a list of daily user views and participations. 
  • From the admin side there is also a report that can be run called User Course Access Logs

I am not totally sure if any of these are what you were thinking of, but let us know! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

0 Likes