Turnitin assignments

Jump to solution
AlanaNett
Community Novice

When I am using Turnitin for assignments I can see that I submitted it but my instructor doesn't see that I submitted it and is marking it incomplete because it wont show them I did it

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @AlanaNett ,

welcome - this is the global Canvas community and we don't have access to your. institution or course. You also need to be circumspect about how much personal detail you give.

As an Learning Technologist I am often tasked to investigate why a student believes they have submitted but the instructor doesn't.

As a quick check , please look in your Canvas profile / submissions folder to see if you can find the work there:-

• Is there a file there at all ?
  • Does the file have content ?

Within our own institution we have found issues where students have attempted to submit direct from Sharepoint, Googledocs etc.

• The symptom here is that what has been submitted is essentially a link to the local drive/computer.

In extremis your instructor or the Canvas institutional support team should be able to access the logs for the date that you submitted, and if you have submitted then there will be a link to the submission point -if nothing else it demonstrates that you were active on that day and time; it may demonstrate that you submitted to an erro neous point.

95% of the time our evidence supports the instructor's judgement, but in 5% of cases we can find enough reasonable doubt that our QA team are prepared to support us taking steps to avoid penalising the student - feel free to copy this to your instructor or support team - and good luck !

View solution in original post