Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

is it possible to create a new seperate field in user info?I want to create separate fields for department classification (in my customer's case there are departments, junior colleges, first term, and second term) and department names (addition of in...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We were just about to turn on the feature option allowing faculty to submit assignments on behalf of students when we really started to think about the implications when Turnitin is enabled for an assignment. By allowing faculty to submit assignments...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a notification or alert trigger for a student when his or her grade falls below a certain percentage in a class? I know there are ways to target send messages to specific students in a given assignment, but...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone recently received this error message regarding the Twitter API integration:"Due to a recent change in Twitter API policy, this tool is no longer supported."If so - how is it resolved?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When in faculty view, I am able to view all the DQ's created for the course but for some reason only 6 DQs are showing to the students. There are no due dates assigned to these. Faculty ViewStudent View

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I get this error message below when trying to log into class:"Something broke unexpectedly.If you have a moment, click here to tell us what happened."I have done all things in the troubleshoot guide.Any suggestions on how to proceed?THANK YOU!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please advise if it is possible to create an Annotations bank (similar to Comment bank) in the document viewer in the Speedgrader?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This instructor guide seems to indicate that Google Docs student submissions are bulk downloadable, but when I look for that option for any canvas assignment where I used the Google Docs Cloud Assignments external tool, a "Download Submissions" optio...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I see that the one time this question was previously asked (over a year ago), the question was noted and shelved for a future upgrade. But this is important: While some institutions have canvas packages that allow students not only to see thei...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have to convert to letter grades at the end of the year at the high school, and we have broken down our SRG as follows -4 - A (100-90%)3 - B (80%)2 - C (70%)1-0 - FIs there a way for me to set up the 'grading marks' to reflect this? Can I set the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I previously created a new canvas account for a faculty that I have to add to a course. Usually, all new accounts will be notified and sent a verification link to their email to activate their account, and if they haven't received it I can't add them...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A course has a quiz that is untimed but it does have a deadline. One student began the quiz but didn't submit and still hasn't 11 days later. I have tried (on our test server) to add a time limit, change the due date, add an availabile until date, an...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I would like assistance on what to do when it comes to the graded quizzes. I was not able to complete a quiz that was being graded, and unfortunately, I can't return the quiz to complete it as it's still waiting to be graded. Kindly assist and...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone,For some reason I have one module which doesn't load, for a split second it says 'page loading' and right after the page is just blank. It seems to be the case for just one module, all others seem to be working/loading. I tried different...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Greetings,I completed my CIH Community Health Supervisor training course.  There was supposed to be a COVID 19 class and a Health Equity class which I signed up for and "claimed" but they never populated on my dashboard.   Health Equity Training - Mo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes, when I upload an image into a question, in a question bank, Canvas informs me that it has been an unexpected error, with the ID of 36788. The result is that the image doesn't upload normally and the question starts a never ending buffering...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an open enrollment course that continually has students enrolling and completing the course 365 days a year. It never shuts down. The issue is that I would like some sort of simple automated way to remove old discussion posts from students wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the course I am about to teach, I would like to limit access to graded quizzes until students successful earn a high enough score on a pre-quiz.  Is this possible to do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach a chemistry class, and some of my students are confused by due dates for lab assignments because I have them turn in the write up a week after the lab. On their Canvas calendar, however, this makes it look like we're doing a lab a week later ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a new course that my team have created and we want to open it up to anyone who wishes to participate in it and I am unsure what the best way to give access to people would be. If we just share it as an open-access link, I am not sure if learne...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I am an instructor not from an institution, but I'm attempting to show my company how the canvas can be used to train our employees. Unfortunately, the course does not allow me to change from course to public. It says I need to contact my admi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was told not to upload files to Canvas.  Rather, we were instructed to link documents from our OneDrive or Google Drive.  However, once I'm creating a Page, I cannot figure out how to link my links to the Page.  For those who used to use itslearnin...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am wanting to create a module for specific students to access and not let other students in the course be able to view the module. Is there a way to do this (by not using assignments)?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hiya, I have an assessment where students have to write a discussion post and reply to two other posts. I set it up as with automatic 'peer review' assignment after the discussion post deadline. How can I see that students have completed this task su...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed my Milestone 1 and I can't see my grade because my instructor has not posted the grade. While my instructor has not posted the grade, grade and comment information is unavailable.So how I can solve this problem

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create group assignments for students?  I want students to select a partner and work on some assignments together.  Do I assign them a group number?  When students submit, can only one student submit and it registers that both submitted the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I record with zoom audience for my speech presentation?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we submit both websites and pdf file in same portol?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher/admin using Canvas at the high school level.  I have students coming to my classroom all times throughout the day needing me to reset their passwords.  My question is, when they click on the forgot password/request password link, who o...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies