Unable to View Comments in SpeedGrader?

Jump to solution
rtamayo2
Community Explorer

I have a TA who is having issue viewing their student's comments in SpeedGrader. The workaround they found was to view it by using the "Download Submission Comment" option, but they would like to view it on SpeedGrader itself rather than having to download and go back to SpeedGrader every time.

We found that in a previous assignment they had no issues, but there has been no difference between both assignments. The current assignment is a group assignment but we're not able to determine if that is the issue.

If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced it themselves and would like to share it, that would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution
gncrum
Community Contributor

Hi Rae Anne,

I saw something similar this week with an instructor. The instructor could not see his comments or student comments in the speedgrader, however he did see them from the gradebook view in the slide-out try for the student.  The problem was that the assignment was a group assignment, but the groups in the group set assigned to the assignment had no students assigned to them. That is, the instructor created the groups, but did not place students into the groups, they were empty. As a result, Canvas did not know how and where to display the comments.

Don't know if this is the same issue, but I hope it helps!

-Greg

View solution in original post