Using Canvas abroad

Jump to solution
JGamboaEspino
Community Novice

I'm currently taking my Master's degree online mainly using Canvas. I'll be spending a month in the Philippines and South Korea while enrolled, so I was wondering if I will be able to access Canvas while I'm abroad. I remember reading something about how Canvas may not be accessible when logging in from certain countries but I can't find where I had read that from previously.  Can someone shed some light to this? Thank you! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @JGamboaEspino ...

You will want to take a look at this Guide...which I hope will help to answer your question:

Which countries are restricted from using Canvas? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JGamboaEspino,

In addition to reviewing the Canvas resource @Chris_Hofer shared, I'd also recommend contacting your school/institution's Canvas support team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas), as it is possible that a school login system or other things may not work while traveling.  I would say this is unlikely, but not impossible, so in my opinion asking ahead of time is always better than finding out things don't work when you're already out of the country.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes