View prior submissions in a group assignment

Jump to solution
vanhilsm
Community Novice

My Canvas gradebook behavior has been changing in the last few weeks. (I assume this has something to do with new updates, such as the new quiz options.)

This week I do not see the date and pulldown for prior submissions on the same assignment. The assignment I am looking at is a group assignment (where the prior submissions were evolving pieces).

Given that I don't have that pulldown with the submission dates, I just have the latest submission with the download option, how to I find the prior pieces?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @vanhilsm

If this was an assignment that was submitted, you should be able to view different submission options within the upper righthand side of speedgrader. There should be a date and dropdown for the time it was submitted and if you click the dropdown, it should show you date stamps from previous submissions to view.

Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-the-details-of-a-submission-for-a-...

If you do not see prior submissions but you believe they had submitted multiple versions, it may be an issue with the assignment itself or It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If none of that works, you probably will want to speak with Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767

View solution in original post