Why won’t my quizzes submit on canvas?

Jump to solution
DeletedUser
Not applicable

I am a student at my school where my instructor has set me multiple interactive quizzes (ones that contain music and animations). I complete each and every quiz however it appears that none of them are actually being submitted to my instructor. I complete the quiz and once completed the screen turns white and displays a “Thank you!”. I usually close the tab and leave it be hoping that it will be sent off (these quizzes are computer marked not teacher marked). I went to check my grade book and it says none of the quizzes have been complete; it says my grade is “-“ out of whatever the number is. When attempting to re open the quiz it usually appears with a screen saying I can either “Resume” or “Restart” the quiz. When pressing restart it makes me do it all over again and does not submit it. When I press resume it just takes me back to the end where a screen tells me my score and offers me to review my answers. I attempted to inform my instructor about this but she didn’t quite understand what was happening. It isn’t the end of the world that they won’t submit, but it gets on my nerves when I want to go and check my grades and have to scroll through lots and lots of quizzes that are ungraded. When they go ungraded I’m not sure what homework I’ve done and what I’ve not done. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
igustafson
Instructure
Instructure

Thank you for contacting Canvas. In regards to submitting if it's showing you have submitted but then not being tracked this could mean the device you are on is timing out when submitting But wed recommend you contact Canvas support so they could work on the specific quizzes with you in this case. This can help find where to get the specific number for your school https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767

View solution in original post