Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a group assignment set-up as complete/incomplete. How can I give one group member an incomplete and the rest of the group a complete on the same assignment?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have completed the online orientation. I have to submit the certificate to one of my online classes. Where would I locate that certificate?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my student services? Such as viewing transcripts.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I have canvas automatically sync unsubmitted assignments as missing in my grade book?I have canvas automatically update my grades ever day at 7, which is just the box to check, but i would like canvas to put "missing" in my grade book for the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have two classes that I want to put together to share modules. They are listed separately on Powerschool, so they came in as two classes. I combined two others earlier, but I forgot now how I did it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas won't work on my computer the moduals are blank and flickering saying empty card can anyone help me with this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between using YouTube LTI in Rich Content Editor vs YouTube External Tool? We are on iPads. 

• 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

We need a mechanism to download all of our User's Login resource records for use in account provisioning automation. The current REST API seems to only offer the ability to get the Login records for a single user at a time. With thousands of users th...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I create a place for students to upload take home exam for grading?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Students are not receiving email from canvas or instructure.My IT department made sure instructure.com what whitelisted for all students 9-12I can receive email on my teacher emailBut my students do not receive email when I try to invite them to t...

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

For a written assessment, our students will need to use the text entry box in a Canvas Assignment (online text entry only). The text entry box pops up with the message "Copy and paste or type your submission right here" (see screenshot attached). Our...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It appears that people with "teacher" status in canvas can't be assigned to groups.  Do you know of a workaround for this?  We are using canvas as a central place for a project and gave everyone teacher status so they could create pages and more...  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello. One of my student's Canvas shells is in Spanish. Can we change this to English in the settings? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use a quiz multiple times in order to let my students practise grammar.How do I copy a quiz without the previous answers? Can I duplicate it somehow? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see images that my students are posting in a thread. They repeatedly say the images are visible to them. I have tried different browsers but face the same issue.LK

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I kept trying to post my response to a question on one of my discussion boards numerous times, yet it would not let me post my reply and eventually the assignment locked. I don't understand why it would not let me submit my response.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have attendance tool where a teaher marks the presence or absence of a student.Is it possible to integrate some additional tools to make it automatical? For example, if our institution has fingerprint scanner or QR scanner in the class and if they...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. please help meHow to add a question with mathematical formulas to canvas from api?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My assignments are not showing up either. The submit button does not appeared and I can't see my inbox. How can I fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once I am logged In My canvas page keeping flickering and doesn't load when I want to see my assignment, grades, etc 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,How can I grab a Canvas Course Marks export csv file via API? It is not presently clear to me from the documentation.Kind Regards

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been teaching for 5 years, and have had about 2 - 3 courses per semester, per year that I've taught. Currently, I have about 20 courses that I am an instructor in. As a result, when I try to search for rubrics (i reuse the same one for when I ...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do you set up conferences by using the calendar?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am unable to submit assignments for any of my courses. When I click on an assignment, the "Submit Assignment" button is there. However, once I click on it, I do not get redirected to the page that says "Choose File" for me to actually submit ...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I return an assignment to a student to be redone?  I can't find a prompt for that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unable to create assignment, an assignment already exists with the name and due date.  Does that mean it aleady exists in PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook or in Canvas?How does the teacher correct?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have searched EVERYWHERE for this answer and cannot seem to find a solution. My district needs all the real estate we can get for our login screen. Is there any way to remove the "Body Shadow" from a Theme in the Canvas Theme Editor?

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Regards, I would like to know if there is any way where I can change the default Check that appears in the box ?. This so that you can calculate the scores counting all the empty modules. This is because when the Check placed is maintained, it calc...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After I build a quiz, can I print a hard copy?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies