Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Cuando entré a Canvas por primera vez lo hice desde mi celular, creando mi cuenta a través de una invitación a mi correo de gmail pero cuando quiero entrar desde mi Laptop directamente desde el explorar de Google no puedo. Dice que usuario o clave in...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I allow a single student to retake a quiz?

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I need to give #partial credit for multiple choice test item(s) within a quiz issues In Blackboard I can make each response have partial value automatically scored such as a=100%; b=80%; c=70%; & d=60% and no response=0%. In Canvas if the student res...

• 15 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am trying to create groups for an assignment. I have cross-listed my classes, so I selected to automatically create groups and select that they must be in the same section. However, Canvas grouped all sections. I want 11 groups of 3 for each sectio...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why would be the cause and solution for why the Quiz column in the Gradebook being greyed out?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is anyone using Salesforce to maintain student records? We are looking to create an API or connection between salesforce and canvas. 

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone have a clever suggestion for an assignment that is posted in one module, but "due" in another module? In other words, it spans multiple modules with the submission link visible in a later module.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As we want to change a specific notification setting of all our 400+ admins (with only read rights) in our sub-account, I have been trying to make sense how the notification preferences in the interface (canvas.instructure.com/profile/communication) ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am able to copy and paste text, but I don't see a place to upload a word or pdf file as part of the question.  

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When will the option to load audio files (.mp3) files be added into quizzes.next? This option is currently available in the old quiz text editor and it is a critical component especially for music courses. It is missing in the text editor in quizzes....

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It seems as though I end up with multiple duplicate question banks, this is a multi part issue that has bothered me for a few years. I'm just finally now trying to resolve it, instead of using my tedious work arounds.Caveat: I searched for an answer ...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My institution is moving to a zero-cost textbook.  I've set up a course with MyOpenMath and I want to integrate this course with Canvas.  Since my institution has not yet set up a school-wide LTI Key and Secret, I was given a Key and a Secret to set ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can you tell who likes your posts?

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have a professor that has assigned a graded discussion, however when trying to grade it through Speedgrader the post and replies do not appear.  The only thing that appears on the Speedgrader screen is:He can select "view the full discussion" and s...

• 3 Likes
  • 19 Replies

In the past we've had problems with students submitting their assignments as an attachment in a comment. This causes several problems:- It's more difficult to see in the Gradebook who has and hasn't submitted assignments.- As students can add comment...

• 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How to email question to instructor in canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi - I am trying to figure out a way to bulk download annotated submissions from Canvas. What I would like to be able to do is to download all annotated submissions for a particular student across a number of Canvas courses. This is that the student'...

• 11 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Can I bilk import test questions from a spreadsheet?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Once I create a rubric, is there a way to rearrange the items, or add items into the rubric, not necessarily at the end?

• 7 Likes
  • 27 Replies

I added several community and campus events into my course calendar last semester, and now these past events are all showing up in my current calendar. Is there a way to delete all of these past events at once or hide those past events fro my student...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I create Formula Questions in Quizzes.Next with multiple parts? For example:Given the angle theta = `theta` degrees,a) what is sine thetab) what is cosine thetaI need this functionality DESPERATELY! and have been asking for it for years.Thank ...

• 13 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Is there a way to reorganize my imported announcements? I imported my Blackboard announcements, would like to reuse them, organize them and be able to only port certain announcements at a time.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I customize the Login credentials email that is sent from Canvas ?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I imported a previous course and changed the dates in the syllabus. However, the course summary is showing the previous course dates and I don't know how to change them. Any ideas??

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I made a "quiz" in canvas to use a unit test. I would like to now copy the questions straight into another quiz to make check-in quizzes to use as CFAs of students' progress during the unit. I would also like to be able to move questions that are alr...

• 10 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I am starting next semester on Canvas with the same material as the fall plus new material for the spring. I have four assignment groups : fall assignments, fall assessments as well as spring assignments and assessments. All of the fall assignments a...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it only me or anybody else has noticed that in the editing mode of course page, the links linking to any sites or files no longer has the underline or being colored?  If you hover your mouse on the link, the underline will appear, but the link col...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a list of what each Canvas icon means?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to Canvas, and I use Google Forms to collect student info that I like to have as a required assignment with points given in my course. Right now I have my google form embedded in my course, but I also have a requirement set that students must...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I recently switched all quizzes to Quizzes Next and I have a couple of essay questions at the end of my courses. Since my courses are self paced it's important I receive a notification that grading is needed when any assignment requiring grading is s...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies