Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We have a student who was accidentally assigned a new ID in our SIS so when our Canvas SIS import ran that evening it assigned the student the new incorrect ID but all their enrollments are still referencing the former correct ID. We got the ID corre...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Anyone who is familiar with using iframe have a suggestion on the width and height settings?I had someone tell me 100% but when I tried that in Canvas I had some display issues.I've also heard 600w and 900h works best.Any suggestions so that it's mob...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A teacher has asked me how to create an assignment that has a table/checklist that each students should complete.  The students should fill-in the Observed column or the Performed column with a checkmark or an 'X' or an N/A when they have completed t...

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hi! So, I'm returning from Christmas break to do my outcomes assessments. To do the assessments, I need to see the Analytics for my Final Exam for last semester's students. When I open the Exam and load the course I need to analyze, I see the student...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've got a bunch of announcements in a course I imported that were delayed in their original course.   Now that I've imported them into the new course, the Delay date is unset.   I go Edit the Announcement, check the box to Delay Posting, and enter a...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way for me to automatically assign points for a "completed" or submitted assignment?  In other words, can I set an assignment to automatically award points to a student who submits a response?   I’m trying this in my Physics classes.  They...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a graded quiz in my course which is pulling question from a question bank at the sub-account level. The quiz contains 20 questions, 5 points each for a total possible score of 100. I also have a Learning Outcome attached to the question bank. ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is our district's first year with Canvas. Some have asked what happens if they move to another district that also uses Canvas. If we work so hard creating courses, notes, tests, etc., is there a way to keep it as ours if we move out of the distr...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an admin and have been working with a teacher of a course to develop a set of questions for an assessment. This same set of questions will eventually be used by other teachers in other courses.What I would like to do is create a question bank on...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've been searching for a simple way for learners to add their own reflections.  Like a journal.  Not graded, and really for their own personal use.  Not sure yet if I want it to remain confidential to the learner, or also allow the instructor/teache...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I was unable to complete my dissertation and it appears that I am being ignored by every place I apply to for an adjunct teaching option. I'm quite frustrated and trying to determine the best way to show how I can use my education and skills gained a...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,We've created a student orientation course and would like to make it available to all students (no enrollment.)  We thought we did that, however, for a student to find the course he/she has to Select CoursesAll CoursesBrowse More Courses What a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,We are about to embed a few hundred of our instructional videos we have on our vimeo account across all the various courses within our Canvas environment. These vimeo videos will be added to their relevant modules within each online course.As ther...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am a member of the KTH Royal Institute of Technology reference group on language issues (Språkkommittén (Links to an external site.)) and KTH wishes to have English and Swedish language content in parallel. I have tried using  enhanceable_content t...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My university is currently converting to Canvas and our curriculum development locked down for some time, but I need to revise and create some courses that will be ready for the Canvas environment when I can update the program, therefore I have a nee...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone know how to assign an 'assignment' to multiple groups?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,We have noticed that some of our module icons are greyed [grayed] out, despite being published. Does anyone know why?Cheers! Isobel

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

A teacher came by today and asked if there was a way to print a quiz. I had never done this before. I found two ways:1.Click on Preview and print from there but it wouldn't look clean. In a pinch it would work. 1. Preview the quiz and Ctrl+P change y...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 29 Likes
  • 68 Replies

For two of our classes, our school uses e-textbooks in pdf format for instruction. The textbook files are uploaded to the course file folders and then linked to wiki pages for the student to view as they go through the course. The process works fine ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When "Find Questions" to a quiz, I am presented with a long list of question banks, most of which do not belong to the course I am currently working. This forces me to navigate this long list of banks from many other courses in order to find the ques...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am researching the Canvas Mobile App, using an iPad. iPad and App are newest versions. Nothing lets me compose the message. I can select recipients, add attachments and a subject line, but can't get "into" the compose white screen. Anyone run into ...

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Are the .epub files exported in a Canvas user's settings area accessible? I have read that the epub3 file format is the recommended standard for epub files, but I can't seem to figure out which "version" of .epub file Canvas exports. Any information ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up a Canvas quiz (actually a final exam) that is drawing 60 randomized questions from a bank of over 100 questions.  I have had several students report that they are getting one question repeated sometimes 10 or 15 times. I have checked th...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I want to create a Canvas quiz like Quizziz. I would like Canvas to grade one question at a time and show a meme if students get the question correct and also if they get it incorrect. Currently you can create a quiz and show one question at a time b...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 5 Replies

An administrator in my K-12 district just asked me a great question -- and I need your help answering it! :smileyplain:Question: Is there anything that one should NOT do in designing and developing a Canvas course?  Some Considerations:The instructor...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 51 Likes
  • 71 Replies

If you were sharing at a faculty meeting and had to pick three Canvas tools that anyone could use to enhance their teaching  - whether online, blended or face to face - what would you choose? I am considering speedgrader, conferences and Peer Review....

• 11 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I cannot access my course content through Canvas. I can access Canvas. When I do, there are large icons that I can click on, but I cannot access the content I need within the site. Is there an update currently going on or do I need to do something to...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello! I am trying to create a resource (page) in Canvas. I have quite a few screen shots that I would like to include, but the images need to be fairly large to include the detail. When I would do this in Moodle, I would create a thumbnail image, an...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I make a discussion private so other students can't see a post?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies